Location and Job Title:
Program Support Specialist for Opportunity Youth - Adult Workforce
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Commonpoint Queens (Samuel Field YM&YWHA) Adult Workforce Department consists of employment and support programs serving individuals predominantly adults 18 and over and opportunity youth ages 16-24. The department provides access to occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
Program Details: Commonpoint Queens is seeking to hire a Program Support Specialist, who will develop and facilitate workshops on: career exploration, work readiness college readiness, and credential instruction for Pre-HSE, HSE and advanced Training, as well as sector-focused work readiness and professional development workshops for students in occupational skills training. In addition, the Program Support Specialist will provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Opportunity Youth with all administrative programmatic needs. The goal is to create documentation compliance for all cohorts in the portfolio, while communicating with various departments to help achieve the operational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and facilitate career exploration, work readiness and professional development workshops using a combination of formal class training, group activities, contextualized and experiential learning, discussions and role-plays for Pre-HSE, HSE and Advanced Training students
- Facilitate credential trainings in areas such as such as, the National Retail Federation Credential, and ServSafe among other credentials for Opportunity Youth participants
- Develop and facilitate contextualized sector-based career readiness and professional development workshops for participants in occupational training
- Work with participants to create individualized Career Readiness portfolios based on their goals and interests
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to increase our services to youth and to continually make adjustments to provide the appropriate individualized program plans for each young person
- Collect and maintain all programmatic documentation pertaining to services rendered to participants through the Workforce Development Department.
- Provide College Access and College Career Exploration workshops to students.
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and outside events as needed
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the OY portfolio.
- Carries out administrative duties and maintain filing system, both electronic and physical for Opportunity Youth
- Exhibits polite communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Manage filing system for participant and worksite folders.
- Liaise with HR on completion of participant internship hiring packets for WPP students
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, schedule repairs or IT maintenance, anticipate needed supplies placing orders for supplies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, education, counseling, public policy, or related field
- 3+ years successful experience working in youth & workforce development, and administrative capacity utilizing online tools.
- 1+ years of experience working with SYEP, ISY, WLG, or WIOA internship programs/components.
- Highly organized, work well under pressure, team player, experienced facilitator, exercises sound judgement, prioritizing and excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
45,000 - 55,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.