Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Attendant
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Your primary responsibility is to ensure a fantastic and safe experience at the J. You'll do this by taking the initiative to meet, greet, and assist all members and taking responsibility for customer service, standard operations, monitoring, and daily upkeep and cleanliness of the JCC Fitness Center.
PART TIME Weekdays, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM with opportunity to work additional hours (mornings, nights, and weekends)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To be successful, you must be friendly, authentic and reliable while balancing multiple demands on your attention and have a passion for working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Keep your full attention on the fitness floor at all times
- Practice a high-level of customer service
- Take a proactive approach to member retention by developing solid relationships and serving each member above and beyond expectations;
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude
- Address members' concerns, suggestions, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner and,
- Familiarize yourself with our available programs and services so that you may educate our members and/or answer their questions about programs and events that take place within our facility
Salary Range: $10/hr to $12/hr
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Maintain current CPR and AED Certifications.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Strong customer service skills including an outgoing personality; a friendly disposition, self-confidence, and maturity. Should be an approachable role model.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule.
- The ability to maintain a healthy and neat appearance.
This position requires to the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, twist; remain standing for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; communicate with others to exchange information; repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; work in an environment that noisy at times.
The New Orleans JCC is a state-of-the-art fitness center and pool, a leader in New Orleans early childhood education, a fun-filled summer day camp and so much more. It is a place for adults to take an exercise class, an art class or dance class. A place for children and teens to experience learning through enrichment classes, sports leagues, family activities, and summer camps. The JCC is built on Jewish values, but is welcome to everyone.