Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Floor Staff
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The Fitness Center Floor Staff are responsible for keeping the Mordoh Fitness Center clean and shiny. In addition to daily cleaning tasks, they greet and assist members and guests, assist with equipment, and maintain a clean and safe place for members and guests to exercise. This position is part-time (less than 30 hours/week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness of fitness center (vacuuming/mopping floors and areas around equipment, keeping the fitness desk clear and free of clutter, following daily equipment cleaning schedule, restocking inventories and cleaning supplies, laundering & folding hand towels).
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service, including assisting all members in a safe and helpful manner on basic use of equipment and interpretation of Fitness Center policies.
- Enforce all Fitness Center policies and procedures in a consistent manner.
- Monitor all activities within the Fitness Center, providing assistance to members proactively.
- Act as first responder to accidents in the fitness center.
- Answer telephone, route and direct calls as appropriate.
- Provide Fitness Center orientations for members.
- Work your scheduled shifts, call your supervisor at least 2 hours before if you are going to be absent or late, find a replacement if you cannot work assigned shift.
- Assist with recreational babysitting as needed.
- Embrace and model the JCC Internal Service Standards of Respect, Gratitude, Communication, The Golden Rule, and Ownership/Accountability
- High school diploma preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and certified CPR, AED and first aid within 3 months of employment.
- Familiar with emergency procedures, capable of performing Emergency Action Plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, visitors and co-workers.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of strength training and cardio equipment.
This position requires the individual to be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment.It requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and lifting.Must be able to lift and carry at least 60 pounds.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- 2-way radios
- AED device
- First Aid supplies
Monday - Thursday
6 am to 2 pm
2 pm to 8 pm
1 pm to 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday
6 am to 1 pm
1 pm to 6 pm
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Whether you come to the JCC to work out, swim, shoot hoops, hang out at the water park or bring your kids to a class, you can count on feeling better when you leave than you did when you came in. You'll find that the JCC is so much more than fitness. Our members come from all walks of life and have interests ranging from childcare to water aerobics; from summer camp to adult continuing education; and from yoga to boot camp. We're situated on 40 beautiful acres on Indy's northwest side. We invite you to see for yourself why we say: Open to everyone. Something for everyone. Visit www.JCCindy.org, call 251-9467 or stop in for a tour.