Location and Job Title:
Safety Steward and Cleaner
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
This valued member of the JCC Greater Boston team serves a key role maintaining a safe and welcoming space for members, staff and guests of JCC Greater Boston. This position requires someone who is motivated to use their job to protect others and who is committed to working with an attention to detail sanitizing the workplace.
Following protocols and verbal directions to:
- Clean fitness accessories, mats, windows, mirrors, plexi-glass, walls, flooring, stairs, elevator/lift, hallways, bathrooms and other areas, if identified.
- Clean fitness machines and equipment after each member use
- Document cleaning using Word and Excel software
- Interact with staff and customers in friendly, professional manner
- Able to properly use all chemicals and equipment per job training
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel for long periods of time
- Able to lift and move equipment as needed in fitness center to properly clean around and behind areas
The JCC serves 50,000 people, representing 98 communities and every age and ability. It engages the community through its health and wellness centers, preschools, camps, and programs for children, families, adults, young adults, teens and seniors. The mission of the JCC is to advance the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies, and spirits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences.