Location and Job Title:
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
JOB TYPE: Full or Part time/Hourly
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
The JEA is looking for housekeeping staff members to join our team. Experience is a plus. Our facility is over 100,000 square feet and needs to be kept up daily.
Two shifts available:
- Full time with variable hours or
- PT-Morning (9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
- PT-Evening (4:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.)
- General dusting
- Cleaning windows, doors an walls
- Accountable to act with integrity, adhere to expectations of performance and behavior; abide by work rules as established in the Employee Handbook
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled
- Communicates effectively with supervisor
- Sweeps and mops floors
- Vacuums carpet
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, floors and commodes
- Collects and removes trash from assigned area.
- Keeps equipment clean and in proper operating condition
- Maintains adequate level of housekeeping supplies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to work with kitchen equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to provide excellence in service
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy environment
- Responsible, dependable, and adaptable to change.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to cooperate with co-workers, members, and facility staff.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- After the training period is completed, must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all in-services.
- Must be able to be at work as schedule on time.
- A background check will be required.
Where can you find a preschool, health club, racquetball court, gym, and pool in the same facility? Where can your mother join in on senior programs with other older adults, and your son play in a basketball league with all of his buddies? What if you were able to drop your kids off at day camp, book a personal training session, and then meet your friends for a Zumba or Yoga class? All this and more happens every day at the JEA of Savannah.
Discover your community at the Jewish Educational Alliance. Since 1912, the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities for you to discover your community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to adults. Regardless of your age, faith or background, you?re welcome here. So please, explore our website and stop by for a tour of the JEA. We look forward to serving you.
With over 250 locations across the Nation, we are lucky that there's a JCC right here in our community!