Location and Job Title:
Assistant Director of Youth Services
Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center
350 South Dahlia Street
Denver, CO 80246
- Design and supervise all aspects of programming for Kindergarten through 12th grade youth, such as Camp Shai Day Camp, School's Out Day-Year-Round Camps, Post Camp, Family Events, and more.
- Create daily schedules and rosters, including health needs lists to accommodate campers on camp days safely
- Provide supervision, oversight, and support for Camp Shai staff and staff as assigned Supervisory requirements (will they manage other people)
- Develop and strengthen relationships with children, parents and vendors for all Youth Services through interactions, parent emails, phone calls, e-blasts, online presence, school visits, meet and greets, and community outreach.
- Support all recruitment efforts for Camp Shai, School's Out Camps, Enrichment Programs, etc. throughout the year, as requested by Director.
- Uphold all State of Colorado's childcare licensing requirements for Elementary programming and be responsible for designing the program in compliance with these requirements.
- Maintain camper and staff records, as well as facility requirements to comply with Colorado State licensing regulation.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement long-term and short-term youth-focused programs.
- Ability to appropriately and professionally communicate with parents, youth, other JCC staff and vendors.
- Responsible for ongoing, targeted marketing and social media campaigns, including social media engagement, designing promotional flyers to distribute for upcoming programs and clinics, and maintaining photo albums for marketing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or equivalent experience to meet state guidelines.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with elementary-age children.
- Obtain and maintain current First Aid, CPR, medication administration and standard precautions training and certifications as regulated by licensing, as well as any other JCC required trainings.
- Master's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related field is preferred
- Leadership and supervisory experience of staff and participants in a camp, youth, or school setting.
- Familiarity with Jewish programming and content
- Experience working in CampMinder
The Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center is seeking a high energy, experienced, and skilled professional to work on the Camp Shai team that supports year-round programming for children K - 12th grade. Camp Shai at the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (the J) is Denver's premier Jewish Day Camp. We serve campers entering Kindergarten through 8th grade. At Camp Shai, we focus on universal Jewish values (kindness, community, good spirit, and respect). The Assistant Director of Youth Services is primarily responsible for supporting the department in developing, supervision, and implementing of Camp Shai summer day camp. You should enjoy the challenge of channeling the energies and interests of youth in a positive, constructive, goal-oriented way.