Location and Job Title:
Toddler Teachers and/or Substitute - Early Childhood Center
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
The perfect candidate will have at least five years' experience teaching preschool, an education related degree and references. A candidate in the process of getting their degree with a CDA may be eligible. CPR/Infant CPR and First Aid certifications are required. The ideal candidate will work well in a team atmosphere, follow school policies, and communicate well both verbally and in writing.The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
Full time and part time positions are available. Pay is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recognizes and understands the power of interactions with students and the effects on learning and behavior.
- Focused on planning a safe, healthy, supportive and respectful learning environment.
- Experience in planning emergent curriculum that is based on a consistent school-wide thematic framework yet is highly individualized by classroom.
- Understands different approaches to learning and can differentiate based on both individual and group needs.
- Is proactive in the advancement of children's physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development.
- Confident in multiple strategies to foster productive relationships with families.
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism both within and outside the confines of the school.
- Familiar with observing and recording children's behavior and allowing these findings to guide instruction.
- Understands and can articulate the principles of child growth and development.
- Work well in a team atmosphere, follow school policies and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Be consistent and reliable in arrival and attendance.
- Ability to be around young children with a variety of health issues and cooperate with others.
- Demonstrates an energetic and positive attitude.
- Professional in appearance, manner, and tone.
- Possess an attitude that makes for harmonious cooperation with children, parents, and other staff.
- Must have a proven track record of utilizing good judgment and decision making skills to be able to work independently.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to participate in family programs, staff meetings, department meetings and agency wide events.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word are a bonus.
- Experience with on-line share sites will be helpful.
- Substitutes must have a high school diploma and experience with children -- flexible hours.
- At least five years' experience teaching preschool, an education related degree and references. A candidate in the process of getting their degree with a CDA may be eligible.
- CPR/Infant CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
It is expected that this position will be a team player as part of the JCC Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.
35,000 - 45,000
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.