Location and Job Title:
Executive Administrative Assistant
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and provides support for the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Community Engagement and Development, Director of Operations and other members of the executive management team.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
CEO Administrative Responsibilities:
- Administrative tasks as reasonably assigned by CEO
- Assist in answering phones, scheduling meetings and welcoming members and guests to the Executive Suite
- Board of Trustees communications, including, but not limited to, managing board database, board meetings and agenda, scheduling of meetings, and reports.
Director of Community Engagement and Development Administrative Tasks:
- Assist in nurturing established, successful relationships between the JCC and our donors and cultivating meaningful relationships between the JCC and new donors
- Become proficient in the agency's CRM fundraising module in order to:
- Research and enter information and historical data on all current, past and prospective donors
- Track donor groups and extract information needed for mailings, meetings, and data analysis
- Create and update prospect profiles
- Correspond with donors including invoices, thank you letters, renewals, etc.
- Enter and receive all pledges
- Assist the Finance Department in reconciling financial data on development revenue and expenses
- Always maintain strict confidentiality and data security
- Assist in preparing for development-related events and activities including acquiring talent, issuing contracts, securing permits, maintaining supply inventory, promoting events, event planning and program logistics, maintaining lists of participants, program data and budgets, and preparing reports as needed. Provide on-site and/or virtual event support, reception needs and guest services
Operations Administrative Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative tasks for the operational needs of the agency including, but not limited to, security and IT tasks
- Manage access control system, including fobs and database as individuals need to be added or removed from the system
- Manage monthly security schedule and provide updates to key staff, including facilities, marketing and outside vendors
- Support with projects and needs as they arise
Interested applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of discretion and ability to keep information confidential
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Personable, motivated, energetic and a self-starter
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left-hand use, typing.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
$45,000 - $55,000
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.