Location and Job Title:
Development Executive Assistant
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
Reporting to the CEO, the Development/Executive Assistant supports the Executive Staff with administrative and development activities including database management.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings including invitations, registrations, agenda preparation, meeting materials, and food requirements.
- Prepare written correspondence, including letters, memos, reports, invitations, forms, lists, and agendas.
- Utilize the database to maintain donor profiles, conduct donor research, enter contact reports, run lists and maintain development related tasks and follow up and update constituent records as necessary.
- Manage all direct mail appeals and online solicitations.
- Enter pledges into the system and process thank you notes.
- Track the status of the annual campaign.
- Produce monthly development reports and specific financial reports as needed.
- Ensure major donors have a staff and volunteer assigned for stewardship.
- Maintain Development Calendar including major events, project milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage the CEO and agency's calendar
- Manage 'Dick & Dottie's Place', the JCC Caf?'
- Provide support to other JCC Directors as required
- Some weekend and evening work related to events
- 1-3 years' professional experience
- Development experience
- Strong attention to detail, editing, proofreading, etc.
- Superior organization, task management, ability to plan and prioritize
- Proactive, helpful attitude to anticipate needs and initiate solutions to challenges.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with an internal team, a cross-functional team, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to think independently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office and the noise is usually moderate.
May be required.
$27,000 - $32,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.