Location and Job Title:
Athletic Director at Camp Twelve Trails
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Develop outcomes and strategies for learning at camp. Supervising each individual neighborhood ( specialty area of programming) overall responsibilities include hiring staff, supervising staff throughout the summer, developing lesson plans, and implementing lesson plans.
DUTIES PRE CAMP
- Support in the hiring of 5-7 sports & fitness specialists.
- Developing overall Athletic Department curricular goals.
- Develop scope and sequence for the Athletic Department's curriculum, and process for specialists to further develop, personalize, scale and implement lesson plans.
- Plan and lead training for sports & fitness specialists.
- Help plan and lead training for all staff.
- Work in collaboration with Camp's Jewish Educator to build Jewish content into the program.
DUTIES DURING CAMP
- Facilitate sports & fitness programming with campers.
- Coach, observe, evaluate and support 5-6 specialists with the implementation of the curriculum.
- Facilitate specialist collaboration within all departments
- Collaborate with program partners.
- Oversee department budget and supplies.
- Facilities meetings with department specialists weekly.
- Provide informal mid-summer and full, written, end of summer evaluation of each specialist.
- Provide a full, end of summer evaluation of the entire department with recommendations for the future.
- Perform any other program or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor
- Develop specific rituals and strategies for incorporating Jewish values
- Develop and implement Maccabiah (color war)
- Develop and implement sports tournaments
Mondays through Fridays, June 28 - August 20, including 40-45 hours of staff training in May and June
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm during the summer
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience with supervision of staff
- Experience with teaching athletics, fitness and sports
- Excel at working collaboratively with others
- Sensitivity of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Camp Twelve Trails combines the best of the popular day camps of the Shames JCC on the Hudson, The Riverdale YM-YWHA, and YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood. Warm, accepting, and driven by Jewish values, Camp Twelve Trails brings together the accumulated day camp expertise and tradition of these three organizations. We draw on our collective educational, recreational, and child development experience, our values, and our rich history to give families more than we ever have before.
At Camp Twelve Trails we are dedicated to universally shared values central to Jewish life. Our proactive integration of these values into everything we do supports children of all backgrounds and helps them grow into better people. Our warm, welcoming culture fosters a vibrant camp community where we all look out for each other and take care of the world around us. Staff are central to carrying out this vision by crafting programs that are in line with our educational outcomes, beliefs, and providing positive, enthusiastic energy every day. We expect staff above all to deliver the wow