Location and Job Title:
Special Needs Coordinator
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
- Responsible for creating, developing and implementing the special needs services in consort with the MJCC Director of Social Services.
- Implementation of special needs services to include family and caregiver support groups, resource/information/referral, social programming and social skills groups, and advocacy initiatives.
- Serve as a central resource for internal and community programs and services for individuals with special needs of all ages.
- Develop strategic partnerships and relationships with special needs service providers in the community.
- Work closely with other department staff on creating appropriate and engaging educational programs and community outreach initiatives.
- Work with lay leaders and volunteers when appropriate to evaluate service delivery and plan for new and/or expanded program and services.
- Work with MJCC Marketing Department regarding publicity, public relations and marketing plans as it relates to special needs services.
- Work with MJCC Development Director as needed/requested regarding funding opportunities and resources for special needs services.
- Provide outstanding client service.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every client and participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Work in consort with other FJFS staff to develop and implement continuing education programs for social service professionals in the Greater Memphis area.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by and mutually agreed upon with the MJCC President/CEO and/or Director of Social Services.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and staff on collaborative programming and service delivery where appropriate.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5-7 years of related work experience working with special needs services
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and values.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new and/or expanded services.
- Dynamic and innovative with strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills relating to senior adults.
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required.
Part time, salaried position, supervised by the MJCC Director of Social Services.