Location and Job Title:
Pre-K Counts Early Childhood Education Head Teacher
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
The Pre-K Counts Early Childhood Teacher will provide leadership for the classroom team to maintain the quality of the JCC's Early Childhood Program, provide excellent care and education for children and build strong collaborations with families.
Full-Time: 40 Hours/Week at Main Branch
Location: Gan Tamar Campus: 2000 Hollywood Drive, York, PA 17403
- Assist the Associate Director / Director in the supervision of staff members on your teaching team.
- Arrange regular meetings for your teaching team.
- Provide a nurturing environment in which all children feel welcomed and secure.
- Meet NAEYC and Keystone STARS* standards.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in the JCC Early Childhood Program Handbook for:
- Following DHS regulations
- Communicating with families
- Care of facility and equipment
- Record keeping
- Health and safety procedures
- Teamwork, including regular attendance of staff meetings
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- PA certified in Early Childhood (N-3)
- B.A. degree in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, special education, psychology, or the human services field
- Three to four years teaching experience
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of child caregiving
$45,000 - $55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming