Location and Job Title:
Weight Room Staff Part-time
Dave & Mary Alper JCC
11155 SW 112th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. To show members how to properly use equipment and clean equipment between every use.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Short-term on-the-job training
- CPR/First Aid/ AED certification preferred
- Current Personal Trainer certification a plus
Customer and Personal Service
- Customer service experience required.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment a plus.
- Must be proficient in the English language both verbally and have the ability to properly write using correct grammar and spelling.
- Ability to speak other languages a plus.
Skills and Tasks
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring/ assessing performance of yourself, and others, to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking to others to convey information effectively.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Teaching members proper use of the equipment.
- Walk around the weight room to be sure members are safe, and observing posted policies and procedures.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Equipment Maintenance cleaning weights and other devices, in between member uses.
- Report when equipment needs maintenance and report it to appropriate person.
- Attend all staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Requires work with external customers or the public
Must have a level head and have the ability to take control of emergency situations, including but not limited to: rendering first aid, calling 911, contacting supervisors, and/or following emergency protocols.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work in bent, twisted or awkward work posture and stand for more than two hours in a row.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and/or reach, including with outstretched arms and overhead.
- Must be able to use hands to lift and clean items; reach with hands and arms: and talk and hear.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Must be able to lift 45lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift 65lbs on an occasional basis.
- Do repetitive movements with hands and/or wrists.
- Standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, twist, squat, and/or work in other awkward work positions.
- Climb, balance, stoop, kneel/crouch, and crawl.
Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to manage difficult or emotional members, responds promptly to customer needs. Respond to requests for assistance and service. Meets commitments. Interpersonal skills, maintains confidentiality, works with integrity, works well in a team setting.
Salary- $10 per hour
Located in sunny, beautiful Miami, Florida, the sprawling Alper JCC at The Jay Morton-Levinthal Campus lies in the heart of the suburb of Kendall, easily reached by many nearby transportation crossroads. Convenient and accessible, our Center provides many opportunities for the Jewish community and all south Miami-Dade County residents to enjoy recreational, educational, cultural and social activities.
Through our extensive facilities, we offer our Members and Non-Members the chance to meet and connect with individuals and families from all over. For fitness enthusiasts, our well-equipped Fitness Center is a great place to play racquetball with your family, train with a friend in the gym, or swim with a group in our Jr. Olympic pool. Our Youth and Adult Building, home to a wide selection of adult programs and our children's department offers the young and young at heart a place to gather and socialize. Also, our Sablotsky Cultural Arts Center hosts visual arts exhibits and performances for all ages and focuses on bringing quality, renowned Jewish artists, authors, and entertainers for the community to enjoy.
The Alper JCC is also home to many high-quality programs, each recognized for their excellence and commitment to the community. Our superb Quality Counts 5-Star Glen Greenstein Early Childhood Development Center offers families the perfect setting for their children, infants through preschoolers, to grow, learn, and appreciate Jewish heritage. For children, the Kids Connection After School Program provides a structured yet fun environment; and our summer camp gives campers the opportunity to grow and expand their horizons.
As a community agency, we strive to strengthen the Jewish community by promoting Jewish values, ethics and traditions through our programs and services. The Alper JCC invites you to become a Member today and take advantage all we have to offer.