Location and Job Title:
Outreach, Membership, PJ Library Coordinator
Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine
1342 Congress St
Portland, ME 04102
Outreach & Engagement - 20 hours/week:
- Build relationships with individual community members and cultivate interest-based cohorts.
- Inspire community engagement with all aspects of the JCA through offering organized activities, including but not limited to volunteer opportunities, book groups, clubs, gatherings, or trips.
- Organize and lead NextDor social, cultural, and volunteer events for community members in their 20s and 30s; manage NextDor's online and social media presence and newsletter.
- Serve as the point person for welcoming new people to the community.
- Establish processes to ensure that, when possible, the JCA reaches out to mark important life cycle events for board members, donors, and members.
PJ Library Coordinator - 10 hours/week:
- Manage subscription enrollments and renewals.
- Manage PJ's monthly e-newsletter and Facebook page.
- Coordinate programming and engagement geared to families with young children.
- Convene and facilitate the PJ Parent Advisory group
- Run Shalom Baby program once a year.
- Welcome and connect new families to the community and to other families.
- Participate in Harold Grinspoon Foundation professional development opportunities.
Membership - 10 hours/week:
- Develop and execute Membership marketing, acquisition, and retention initiatives.
- Plan and staff Membership initiatives
- Onboard new members, field Membership inquiries, follow up on renewals and cancellations, track Membership data and revenue.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player and "people person," highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses an engaging, friendly, and professional demeanor, a positive attitude, great problem-solving skills, flexibility, and responsiveness to evolving needs in a growing organization, the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and diverse projects, to quickly learn new technical skills and systems, and to exercise discretion in sensitive situations. This position reports to the Director of Programming and works collaboratively with the organization's leadership team.
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position with benefits. Some evening and weekend work is required. On a temporary basis, until the JCA's building opens to the public, the position may involve outdoor or remote work.
Starting date: June/July 2021
Benefits include paid time off and programmatic discounts, short term and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as 90% of the cost of individual health insurance. Voluntary vision and dental are also available.
Interested in joining the JCA? Please include a cover letter and a resume with your application. Due to volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media platforms, email marketing such as Constant Contact, online survey tools, and the ability to learn new software platforms independently and quickly.
- Professional experience in nonprofit or Jewish communal work, volunteer management, program coordination, membership preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and work of the JCA; familiarity with Judaism and Jewish customs and practices required, and familiarity with the Jewish communal landscape strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with NeonCRM preferred but not required.
42,000 - 47,000
The Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine (JCA) is hiring a full-time Outreach, Membership, and PJ Library Coordinator to help us strengthen the connections and relationships between our programs and community, to develop volunteer opportunities throughout the organization, and to oversee and implement the JCA's Membership and PJ Library programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to relationship building by creating activities guided by our mission and Jewish values that resonate with community members, encouraging them to experience Judaism on their terms, and providing them the tools, resources, and guidance to engage in a way that adds value and meaning to their lives.