Location and Job Title:
Community Engagement Coordinator
Jewish Community Center of the East Bay
1414 Walnut St
Berkeley, CA 94709
The Community Engagement Coordinator will report to the Director of Public Programs. This role will create and implement service-based volunteer opportunities, provide administrative assistance for the Young Professional Leadership fellowship, support and plan community programs and events, engage older adults, and build relationships with partner organizations.
- Develop and implement short-term and ongoing service-based and civic engagement programs, projects, and initiatives that provide children and adults with opportunities for action and service rooted in Jewish values.
- Partner and collaborate with local, regional, and national organizations (Jewish and/or organizations representing the broader community) to maximize participation and further our reach and potential engagement.
- Research and determine constituent interests and priorities to develop ongoing, sustainable programs that are responsive to the needs of the community.
- Design and implement follow-up engagement strategies for community service and civic engagement programs.
- Attract new community members/participants through service-based programs, sustain their involvement, and enhance the visibility of the JCC East Bay.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all JCC East Bay volunteers. Manage volunteer roles and responsibilities at programs and events, and lead annual volunteer appreciation efforts.
Older Adults Program
- Research and determine the needs, interests, and priorities of older adult community members to develop responsive and relevant programs.
- Collaborate and partner with community organizations that are providing older adult programs.
- Assist in the curation, production, and administration of a diverse array of public programs and community events focused on community service, civic engagement, older adults, and the Young Professional Leadership fellowship.
- Work collaboratively with various JCC East Bay departments to implement civic engagement and service-based programs.
- Assist in the development of evaluation tools and metrics to assess program strengths and to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide timely program descriptions, participation metrics, and other reporting outcomes to the Development department for grant reports and proposals.
- Maintain awareness of community and cultural events outside the JCC and actively seek new opportunities for the JCC East Bay.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Salary information will be shared one-on-one with candidates. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, and holidays (including Jewish).
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet all of the qualifications. The JCC East Bay encourages you to apply anyway, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications.
The JCC East Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. JCC East Bay policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. The JCC East Bay complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require particular accommodations during the application and interview process, please inform us of your needs so that we can provide accordingly.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer and community service experience.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, holidays, and traditions.
- Comfort working collaboratively as well as independently.
- Able to plan in advance, create timelines, and meet deadlines; skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and working under pressure with quick turnarounds.
- Computer literacy with strong competency in Microsoft Office and Google suites.
- Occasional evening and weekend availability.
- 2+ years of experience with content-based events and program coordination.
- Experience planning and executing small- and large-scale events.
- Experience working with different stakeholders including venues, non-profit partners, artists, speakers, vendors, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive behavior.
- Ability to look at the big picture and develop insightful, creative solutions.
45,000 - 55,000
The JCC East Bay is a welcoming home for people of all ages and life stages. Our mission is to create healthy communities inspired by Jewish values, culture, and tradition. We build interpersonal relationships, foster learning and inspiration, and explore Jewish life. The JCC's core programs include intergenerational Jewish holiday celebrations; early childhood education and preschool; camp and afterschool programs; and provocative cultural arts and civic engagement events. The JCC serves and reflects the diverse residents of the East Bay, offering physical gathering spaces for the Jewish and broader community