Location and Job Title:
Membership Sales Assistant
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
With the goal of increasing revenue from membership dues and programs, the Membership Sales Assistant will be responsible for assisting with departmental plans and programs designed to facilitate the member journey including marketing/prospecting, enrollment, onboarding, engagement, and retention of Siegel JCC members. This role will assist in planning new strategies and implementing on-going sales efforts. The Membership Sales Assistant may provide leadership to desk staff and will always demonstrate a high standard of member service. The Membership Sales Assistant reports directly to the Membership Director.
- Assist the Membership Director in building relationships through community outreach to the local community and businesses to increase membership sales. Outreach may include off-site visits, networking and prospecting to schools, synagogues, and other organizations to increase sales through corporate membership programs.
- Generate new ideas for membership promotions to increase membership sales and introduce value of the Siegel JCC. Engage in cross-selling and collaborative marketing with other departments to reach revenue goals in all areas.
- Assist with special events, open houses, and member appreciation events to bring prospective members to the Siegel JCC.
- Maintain tour/prospect logs and databases and manage prospects within the pipeline, handling all follow-through in a timely manner to initiate the sale. Prospect to non-members who use facility and other program participants.
- Conduct a prospect needs analysis to anticipate and understand prospect's needs and schedule/conduct tours and site visits with full confidence of all Siegel JCC offerings/programs in order to close the sale. Promote sales of additional services at point of sale (upselling memberships, programs and services).
- Assist with member onboarding after the sale is complete and engage with members to build sustainable relationships and trust through open communication.
- Assist the Membership Department to exceed monthly budget targets.
- Assist in maintaining member accounts and manage point of sale systems and tracking/reporting functions.
- Work with Membership personnel to regularly conduct retention calls to new and current members to promote/enhance member usage and satisfaction. Be able to anticipate and be responsive to the expressed and unexpressed needs of the member. Resolve any problems along the way with the highest level of member service.
- Ensure accurate/timely information is exchanged and work closely with Membership personnel to ensure the highest standard of member service is offered. Delegate clearly to staff and provide on-going training as necessary, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Respond timely to member feedback and follow up with prospects/members/staff within 24 hours.
- Applicants must have proven work experience in sales and be highly motivated.
- Applicants must have proven time management, organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Applicants must be kind, friendly, outgoing and should be able to contribute to a positive workplace culture.
- Applicants must be solution-oriented to understand needs of prospects and members.
- Applicants must listen actively and effectively to build strong relationships with prospects and members.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficient computer skills and a high standard of member service.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of the JCC is beneficial.
- An interest in fitness is a plus.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in related field preferred, but not required.
- Work schedule may vary but expected to work some evenings and weekends. Full-Time availability.
25,000 - 35,000
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.