Location and Job Title:
Receptionist - Part Time - Fitness Welcome Desk
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
- Adhere to the JCC policies and procedures and enforce member rules and regulations.
- Warmly greet members and guests as they approach the fitness center area.
- Answer questions and provide information in a clear and friendly manner.
- Make appropriate referrals and recommendations upon request.
- Listen and direct members' concerns and complaints to the appropriate manager.
- Check members & guests into the facilities and classes. Register guests and collect fees for classes, passes or programs. Verify account status. Account for all class participants.
- Answer phone calls in a friendly, helpful and timely manner; transfer calls appropriately.
- Follow established procedures for collecting money and preparing receipts.
- Monitor lost and found items as well as equipment. Report repairs.
- Perform administrative duties including sending and receiving daily emails, computer entry, faxing, photocopying, creating posters, updating bulletin boards, etc.
- Inventory and maintain all saleable front desk items.
- Wear your uniform and follow all dress code regulations.
- Assist with special projects, events, and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Must be able to work on New Year's Day for our annual fitness event.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong math skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Computer literacy and willing to learn JCC computer programs.
- Knowledge of Mindbody is preferred.
- Experience in a similar environment is preferred.
JCC Building Hours: Monday-Friday: 5:30am-10pm / Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am-9pm
Individual shift hours vary.
- Prefer applicants with flexible schedules.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.50
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and member service skills.
- Physical activities, including but not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, pushing, pulling, as well as the ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Together with our community, the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan creates opportunities for people to connect, grow, and learn within an ever-changing Jewish landscape.