Round Lake is a sleep away INCLUSION program for campers ages 7-17 with, but not limited to, learning differences, ADHD, anxiety, and social communication disorders. All campers integrate with Nah-Jee-Wah and Cedar Lake campers. Traditional camp programs are provided such as swimming, sports, adventure courses, arts, STEM, etc. In addition, OT, speech, and academic supports are provided for those who qualify.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
1. Concentration in social work, psychology, counseling or a related field
2. Experience working with children affected by social, emotional, behavioral and/or academic difficulties
3. Familiarity with medications used in the management of social and emotional challenges.
4. Ability to provide campers with socialization techniques and to train general staff to teach these skills
5. Ability to provide support for general adjustment and/or issues such as homesickness.
6. Knowledge of behavior management techniques and the ability to train staff in their application.
7. Ability to work with children to enhance self-esteem, build resilience and develop confidence and the ability to train staff in these techniques.
8. Excellent listening and communication skills
9. Empathy, patience, strong work ethic
Must be able to live on Milford, PA campsite for duration of the summer.
NJY Camps is a leader in the overnight summer camp space. Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, the camps are turning 100 years old in the summer of 2021. With a variety of offerings based primarily on age, NJY Camps is "home away from home" to thousands of campers and staff around the world. J