Location and Job Title:
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the daily operation of the accounts payable of Jewish Silicon Valley.
Areas of Responsibility
- Process invoices, check requests, purchase orders, and expense reports conforming to standard procedures;
- Entering credit card charge daily with receipts and supporting documentation.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email;
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation;
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders;
- Prepares batch check runs;
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries;
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports,
- Insure that bills are paid on time to avoid late fees;
- Insure that office supplies, paper needs, and administrative needs are properly met;
- Insure vendor invoices are entered in the accounting system on a daily basis;
- Review vendor invoices to insure no duplications or overpayments and the charges are correct;
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department and as business dictates;
Qualifications and competencies:
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Interpersonal skills, good communication skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, conflict management skills
- Information management;
- Stress tolerance;
- Attend staff and department meetings;
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every member and participant is treated with dignity and respect in a friendly and professional manner;
- College coursework with completion of Bachelor degree;
- 1-3 years accounts payable and general accounting experience;
- Knowledge of accounts payable, office administration and procedures, general bookkeeping procedures, and relevant computer applications;
This position is contingent upon the return of a *clear LiveScan Background Check, verified positive employment reference, and submission of proof of full Covid-19 vaccination including booster dose if eligible (subject to qualified legal exemption with weekly testing requirement).
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Ability to work on computer for an extended period of time
- Office Environment
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
$65,000 - $75,000
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.