You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
11184 S. Apopka Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836
Rosen JCC Chief Executive Officer
Due to the retirement of our current CEO in June, 2023, we are looking for a new leader. In partnership with the President and Board of Directors, the Rosen JCC CEO will oversee all aspects of JCC operations: programming, personnel management, membership growth and retention, fundraising and finances, communications/marketing and strategic planning.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a clear strategic vision and the tactical plans needed to achieve that vision.
- Proven experience in managing complex business operations with a focus on growth and customer service and retention.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in developing and monitoring annual budgets; maintaining a balanced budget, meeting or exceeding stated goals and targets.
- Lead, coach, develop, retain and attract a high performing staff, building their capabilities, and provide them with opportunities to grow and lead while being accountable for results.
- Proven ability to increase revenue and develop additional income streams.
- Understanding of philanthropic fundraising and how to develop long term relationships with a wide variety of entities (foundations, corporations, individuals); is enthusiastic about telling the story of the Rosen JCC's efforts to cultivate and steward supporters.
- Provide annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to grow JCC membership, programs, funding and facilities.
- Establish short and long-range goals that are strategic, programmatic, and fiscally responsible in keeping with the Rosen JCC's track record of ensuring program excellence and financial sustainability.
- Oversee and ensure the security and safety of the Rosen JCC.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Display willingness to make decisions. Include appropriate people in decision-making. Make timely decisions. Support and explain reasoning for decisions. Maintain confidentiality.
- Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Plan for additional resources. Set goals and objectives. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals. Develop realistic action plans.
- Approach others in a professional and tactful manner. React well under pressure. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accept responsibility for own actions. Follow through on commitments. Build collaborative, customer-service oriented culture.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Involve and inform appropriate decision-makers at all levels.
Revenue Generation & Donor Relations
- Be an active leader in the solicitation and stewardship process; Maintain existing relationship and identify new donors, corporate sponsors and endowments, applying state-of-the-art fund development techniques.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong, diverse, and inclusive Board of Directors and cultivate an effective and transparent working relationship with the Board.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships with community leaders at multiple levels.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and experience in representing an organization with a wide variety of stakeholders; some experience in working with media representatives preferred.
- Understanding of effective marketing and public relations techniques to advance the goals of an organization.
Communications & Partnerships
- Experience in building coalitions and relationships with partners to advance a goal, as part of the Rosen JCC vision of being the 'Town Square' for SW Orlando. We seek a leader who has an understanding of Judaism and Jewish culture, who is committed to Jewish community continuity, while also recognizing and leveraging the role of the JCC as a cultural institution in a rapidly growing and diverse community.
- Represent the Rosen JCC locally, statewide, and nationally, within the JCC network, as well as to other relevant Jewish and secular organizations and activities.
- BA/BS Degree
- Great interpersonal skills
- Persuasive communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- A basic knowledge of Judaism and Jewish culture and respect for its values
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a proven ability to innovate
- Ability to build teams and develop people
- Budgetary skills and experience
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of demographics
- Integrity and respect toward all
- Demonstrated ability of achieving organizational growth
- Ability to create a unifying, team-based, principle-based mission and culture
- Drive results - ability to prioritize and delegate
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to be inclusive & decisive in decision making process
- Demonstrated strong follow through
Preferred Job Requirements
Previous experience leading and growing a JCC and/or non-profit organizationAdvanced degree, ideally an MBA or Master's in non-profit management or related field, with 10+ years of senior leadership experience
Strong record of promoting community
How to Apply
Competitive salary and compensation package is provided. Qualified applicants may apply by including a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Jason Jacobson at: email@example.com
. All applications are to be submitted electronically. To learn more about the work of the JCC and this leadership position, please visit our website at www.rosenjcc.org
In alignment with our mission, vision and values, Rosen JCC is committed to the fundamental principles of personal freedom, equality of opportunity and human dignity. We strive to create a community that welcomes diversity. We invite and engage all those who wish to participate including but not limited to people of any: race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, family structure, ability, marital status, culture and spirituality. We will continually challenge ourselves and others in an environment of mutual concern and respect for the free expression of all individuals.
$120,000 - $135,000
The Jack & Lee Rosen JCC opened in 2009 as a branch of the JCC of Greater Orlando located in Maitland, and became an independent non-profit agency in 2015. The Rosen JCC is a 50,000+ sq.ft facility including an Early Childhood Learning Center with 17 classrooms for children 6 weeks to 6 years old, an after-school program, basketball and soccer programs, a full summer camp with 400 campers, a fitness center, a group exercise studio, a gymnasium, multi-purpose rooms, a covered pavilion, two playgrounds and athletic fields. With the rapid growth of Orlando, the Rosen JCC is at the geographic epicenter of young families moving to the community. The JCC has adopted a 'Town Square' model to help build the growing SW Orlando community, and with our motto of "Better Together", to be the convener for the community, creating new programs and services that meet the defined challenges of each stage of the family life cycle. These programs will by definition invite new collaborations and partnerships that share our vision of building a caring, inclusive community.