The Baltimore JCC seeks a director to lead and implement its JLife platform, an innovative platform involving families at the intersection of community building, joyful Jewish expression and informal experiential learning.
The JCC of Greater Baltimore believes in the centrality of Jewish expression in a young family's life and strives to build a playground of options for experimentation, learning and living for Jewish families. Working with a team of creative department directors, the successful candidate possesses a bold, fun, entrepreneurial spirit with deep appreciation, understanding and personal experience in Jewish life. Celebration, understanding and respect for all types of Jewish practice, belief, modalities and community are integral both to the JCC and to this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Engaging J Families
Early Learning Centers
- Build Friday evening Shabbat programs for ELC families by classroom or other cohort with the goal of having families meet, spend time together and learn to host shabbat and holiday meals, connecting to curriculum and resources from national Shabbat models.
- Design innovative holiday programs and resources for ELC families focused on helping families celebrate holidays at the home, at school and at the JCC.
- Oversee Jewish programming in Camp full time in the summer as well as seasonal engagement programs.
- Develop Shabbat engagement experiences for families with young children including Noah's Ark campers and Jcamp families as well as being a Jewish presence for JCampers and staff.
- Create and manage the Jewish content for 3 - 5 large scale Jewish holiday and/or Shabbat celebrations for the community. May include the celebration of Sukkot, Channukah, Passover, Purim and Shavuot.
- Strengthen partnerships with synagogues, local agency organizations and explore restarting Shabbat synagogue partnership for young families.
- Provide support for large community-wide Arts and Culture programming.
- Play an active role on the JCC Bonim team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Outreach - Young Families with Children 0-5:
- In collaboration with Jbaby Coordinator, create new immersive Shabbat and holiday programming focused on young families who are not yet enrolled in the preschool with the goal of having participants connect to each other and to the relaxation and rejuvenation themes in the celebration of Shabbat.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The JCC offers a full-benefits package including health, disability, retirement match, and family discounts for all JCC programs. A relocation allowance is available for this position.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.