Location and Job Title:
Musical Theatre Specialist
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Please apply externally at https://www.jccsf.org/about/careers/
The JCCSF Summer Camp is now hiring a Musical Theater Specialist for 2023!
Summer Camp at the JCCSF offers one-week to three-week sessions in both the traditional day camp and specialty camp settings for campers in grades K-8. Musical Theater Camp is in session June 12 - August 18. Our classic day camps feature arts & crafts, STEAM projects, and sports. Specialty camps include visual arts, nature exploration, musical theater, science and more.
The Musical Theater Specialist will create, organize, and implement 3 three-week session of camp. Musical Theater camp is offered for campers in 2 sessions of grades 1 - 4 (performing Frozen, Jr. And Shrek, Jr.) and one session of grades 5 - 8 (performing Legally Blonde, Jr. ).
The ideal candidate should have strong classroom management skills and must be able to implement a well-rounded Musical Theater program for youth ages 6 - 14.
- Organize and implement Musical Theater curriculum which will include the following:
- Dance Choreography
- Set Design
- Prepare for and deliver 3 weeks of musical theater programming including creating supply lists, curriculum development and teach daily design lessons
- Implement an interactive, age appropriate curriculum
- Supervise general counselors (when applicable)
- Support camper drop-off and pick-up processes
- Provide excellent customer service to camp families by communicating with them about their camper's experience
- Set-up camp room and cleanup daily
- Implement daily safety check of supplies and tools.
- Practice personal leadership skills.
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 1 year as an educator
- Knowledge and ability to explain and facilitate age-appropriate design and tool use skills for elementary and middle school-aged campers.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passions for film making projects, informal education and youth programs.
- Knowledge of summer camps preferred.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise a must.
- Must be 21 years or older.
DATE AND HOUR REQUIREMENTS:
- Paid Staff Training: June 5, 2023 - June 9, 2023
- Summer Direct Service Hours: June, 12, 2023 - August 18, 2023. (NO Musical Theater camps will be run during the week of July 3 -July 7)
- 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 5 hours of prep work available
Health & Safety: In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
$55,000 - $65,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).