Location and Job Title:
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
- Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons at the pools.
- Lifeguards must enforce rules and policies.
- Lifeguards must evaluate and resolve emergency situations.
- Lifeguards must conduct safety checks, check and record chemical levels and help maintain the cleanliness of pool areas.
- Lifeguards must perform appropriate rescues and perform first aid when necessary.
- Lifeguards must report and document all injuries and rescues to the Aquatics Director.
- Lifeguards must be able to operate a handicap lift at any time.
- Lifeguards must attend and participate in mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Lifeguards must be professional and alert at all times.
- Lifeguards must be able to implement and enforce the Test, Mark & Protect policy.
- Lifeguards must be Rescue Ready.
- Lifeguards must be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Lifeguards must be able to anticipate a problem situation and resolve it before a accident occurs.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- 15 years of age and older
- Applicant must be responsible, reliable, mature, personable and punctual.
- Flexible schedule and pay is competitive.
The Jewish Community Center is seeking lifeguards to work year round at the Oscar J. Tolmas Aquatics Center.