Length of Position:
Pre-Camp Duties:1. Camp Orientation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for overall operations of Sports in traditional camp, including activity planning, preparation and implementation.
2. Develop exciting and innovative sports activities that are age appropriate for our various age groups.
3. Maintain a high quality of programming for campers.
4. Maintain all supplies, equipment, and space used.
5. Lead one-week electives when assigned.
6. Evaluate the success of specified program area.
7. Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
8. Train staff to help in your specific area.
9. Play an active role in camp as a whole, including helping with drop-off and pick up, help plan and execute all-camp programming, and help where needed in the overall operation of camp.
The work environment is usually fast paced.This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
1. Applicant must be least a college upperclassman.
2. Minimum of 2 years of proven teaching experience working with children.
3. Ability to form positive relationships with campers, colleagues & supervisor.
4. Mental and Emotional maturity to create positive atmosphere for personal experience and growth of participants.
5. Physical ability to perform all duties on the course and to actively assist participants in need.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.