Location and Job Title:
Assistant Camp Director
Shalom Orlando Inc
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Weissman at email@example.com
The Assistant Camp Director's role is to assist in the
overall camp operations including the hiring and supervising of staff, camp
programming and supporting the overall camp program.
- Hire camp staff including recruitment, and interviews to communicating with hired staff before the summer starts
- Supervise counselors during the summer
- Assist in the planning of the overall camp program
- Assist in the implementation of orientation
- Help create staff handbook
- Create staff trainings to run during the summer
- Run weekly staff meetings in the summer
- Staff Happiness Committee - create and run fun staff events during the summer
- Assist in camp scheduling
- Assist in the creation of camp curriculum
- Work with programming director to coordinate special events, Shabbat and any other big camp events
- Assist Camp leadership team with daily operations of camp
- College degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a summer camp setting a plus
- Previous experience supervising multiple staff in a high pace environment
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft office (work, excel)
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage time independently
- Be a team player
- Outstanding communication skills including written and verbal and be able to communicate with parents
- Take initiative to solve problems
- Be able to handle emergency and crisis situations
- Be comfortable working in a high pace environment
- Enjoy the hot weather
- Have a positive attitude
This role is part time during the off season (January - April), approximately 10 hours per week and then full time starting in May - July and is an hourly paid position with starting hourly rate at $17.00 an hour.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.