Location and Job Title:
Youth and Teen Program Coordinator
13009 Community Campus Drive
Tampa, FL 33625
- Assist Manager to oversee and implement innovative, creative enrichment programs for all ages of children; youth, tweens, teens and families.
- Assist Manager to plan and execute all Camp J programs including summer and vacation days.
- Interact with children and support staff during Club J and Camp J hours.
- Serve as an assistant director of Camp J during the summer.
- Serve as an assistant director of Club J during the school year.
- Develop and maintain calendars, schedules and vendor partnerships for enrichment programs and Club J programs.
- Support manager with logistics in all programs.
- Maintain awareness, knowledge and understanding of current social trends, including Jewish camping, child development, social media and customer service.
- Function as a team member and problem solver. Be able and available to recommend and implement solutions to problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Willing to pick-up children from schools and transport to JCC using JCC vehicles
- Work with other JCC departments on inter-departmental programming.
- Attend supervisory conferences and staff meetings.
- Assist other special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain files and records of children update monthly to ensure all records up to date.
- Assist Manager in recruiting, hiring, orienting, supervising and training staff.
- Assist the Manager in promoting all youth and teen programming.
- Cover for Manger in their absence
- Communicate with Manager regarding incidents or issues that arise.
- Exercise good judgement and act as a role model for safety with children.
- 2+ years youth program experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, Education, or other related field.
- Aware of current trends in camping and youth enrichment programs and work towards implementation where appropriate.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Have or willing to obtain a Commercial Driver's License.
- Must demonstrate the aptitude and willingness to be a visible and active team player.
- Good critical and creative thinking skills
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Mature disposition, outgoing and energetic personality
The Tampa JCCs & Federation, Inc. seeks an experienced dynamic camp and youth professional to assist in implementing, overseeing and growing innovative programming including; Afterschool, Vacation Camp, Summer Camp, Enrichments and Teen Programming. The professional must be able to communicate effectively with various groups and have strong organizational and operational skills.