Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Alliance of Jacksonville
8505 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
To keep the facility clean and sanitary in accordance with
established cleaning standards and perform related housekeeping duties as
deemed necessary by the Housekeeping Manager and/or Director of Facilities
- Cleaning - Ensure that the building and grounds are keep clean and sanitary in accordance with the established cleaning standards.This includes anything which would compromise the appearance of the building or grounds.
- Customer Service - To perform any service possible to maintain the comfort, cleanliness and well-being of the Members or Guests.
- Operate Equipment - Must be able to operate critical cleaning equipment to include floor scrubbers, buffers, vacuums and other equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Housekeeping Manager and/or Director of Facilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as cleaning standards, operating instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and directions for cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups of customers or employees of the JCA,
- Ability to use proper grammar and proper pronunciation.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- Occasional exposure to bodily fluids.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
- Working conditions include all facilities of the building and grounds, including landscaped and grass areas, mechanical areas, athletic facilities and childcare rooms and any other areas owned and/or operated by the JCA.
The Jewish Community Alliance (JCA) is a non-profit community center affiliated with the Jacksonville Jewish Federation, the United Way of Northeast Florida and the Jewish Community Centers of North America. Our mission is to contribute to the continuation of Jewish life and all people within our community of Jacksonville, FL, as well as provide a common meeting ground for everyone, and enhance the quality of life for all segments of the community to strengthen family life. The JCA is not solely for the Jewish community; we welcome all people from every different walks of life into our family here at the JCA to prosper and grow with us toward a better tomorrow.