Location and Job Title:
Development Officer, Annual Fund
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island seeks a
dynamic and motivated professional for the position of Development Officer,
Annual Fund, to be a key member of the financial resource development team. The
Development Officer will be responsible for annual campaign, which including relationship
building, face-to-face solicitations, committee management, program planning,
- Lead staff/strategic management of the annual fund (all gifts under $2,500), its related volunteer activities and specific donor events.
- Maintain a portfolio of donors and potential donors for whom s/he will be directly responsible for moving through the donor cycle of identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship
- Revitalization of organization affinity groups, specifically the Women's Alliance and Cardozo (attorneys and accountants) Society
- Support, promote and coordinate events, activities and programs that raise the visibility of the Alliance and engage prospects and donors in the annual campaign including, but not limited to, Super Sunday and a Campaign thank you
- Collaborate with Chief Development Officer to build relationships with leadership donors including strategic communication, events and volunteer opportunities
- Management of a team of volunteer solicitors who work on closing gifts, as well as volunteer driven committees related to events
- Principal staff for direct marketing including messaging, donor lists and coordination with mail house
- Interface with marketing/branding team on themes for direct mail, brochures and other donor communication
- Participates in department planning and implementation of short and long term goals
- Assist in the development of written donor proposals and grants
- Attend meetings, events and conferences within the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island and at outside agencies/organizations as are deemed appropriate to the furtherance of responsibilities
- Three+ years of proven success in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship in a not-for-profit environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of the Rhode Island Jewish community and the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated capacity to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and team members across departments
- Detail-oriented with the ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects and work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Google platforms and fundraising software, as well as the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed and travel within the greater Rhode Island area
- Self-starter who is not afraid to bring new and creative ideas to the table
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Discretion with donor information
- Meticulous attention to detail
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island (the Alliance) serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world. Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island. We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern. Together, we translate Jewish tradition and values into action. All of our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.