You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Children & Camp Team Leader
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to DJ Horton at email@example.com
The JEA is looking for a compassionate and responsible individual that will assist in managing all aspects of all programs under the JEA Childrens and Camp Departments. These programs include: Before and After School Care, Days at the J, Kids Night out and JEA Camp Savannah. This is a full-time and year-round position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assisting Directors with administering and overseeing logistics for the programs to include camper registration, parent communication, attendance lists, bus lists and other administrative responsibilities
- Assist with leading daily programs to include planning program content, engaging and supervising staff, supply ordering and set-up, as well as necessary communication and marketing.
- Ability to use positive behavior management techniques with campers and staff and an ability to adapt to difficult situations with a sense of maturity, safety, tact and poise
- Model the JEAs values in programming, communication, and connection with members, campers, families, and coworkers.
- Set good examples for campers and staff such as: cleanliness of cabins, good sportsmanship and active participation
- Assisting to grow existing Childrens and Camp programs, developing new initiatives, and coordinating with other JEA professionals and community partners.
- Adhere to all JEA policies and procedures
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership/management role
- 2+ years of experience of working with school aged children
- 21 years or older and a clear MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) for the past 7 years to operate a mini-bus
- Ability to pass a background check and reference/character check
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified
- Have reliable transportation to work and arrive on time
- Able to remain actively engaged for 8 hours at a time
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Physical ability to participate in activities: run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of campers both indoors and outdoors
- Must be creative, energetic and have a desire to be a positive influence to both the children and staff in our programs
- Resolves conflicts drawing on the JEAs values, policies and procedures
- Willing to work Monday-Friday with some nights and weekends throughout the year
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Good integrity, character, attitude and adaptability
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and ability to work independently; a self-starter
$35,000 - $45,000
Where can you find a highly rated preschool, health club, racquetball court, gym, and pool in the same facility? Where can your mother join in on senior programs with other older adults, and your son play in a basketball league with all of his buddies? What if you were able to drop your kids off at day camp, book a personal training session, and then meet your friends for a Yoga class? All this and more happens every day at the JEA.
Discover your community at the Jewish Educational Alliance. Since 1912, the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities for you to discover your community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to adults. Regardless of your age, faith or background, you?re welcome here. So please, explore our website and stop by for a tour of the JEA. We look forward to serving you.
With over 250 locations across the Nation, we are lucky that there's a JCC right here in our community!