Location and Job Title:
Program Coordinator, Ladders for Leaders
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
All employees must present proof of vaccination.
Commonpoint Queens' Youth Workforce Department is comprised of a number of different programs serving individuals predominantly from 14-24 years old. The Ladders for Leaders Program Coordinator serves as an assistant to the Ladders for Leaders program director. The Ladders for Leaders program serves high achieving high school and college students ages 16-21.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist program director in maintaining all DYCD contractual obligations of the Ladders for Leaders program and ensure that targets are being met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are met, DYCD guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, contractor meetings, and staff development in order to ensure program success.
- Collect data from employers related to job orders, including job requirements and skills; match job skills with applicant qualifications; refer qualified applicants to employers, and conduct necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in position.
- Evaluate new and existing programming to assess suitability and the need for changes, using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
- Monitor all program files and ensure all work, written, online submissions and participant documents are maintained in a secure and organized fashion.
- Provide administrative support including organizing and maintaining documentation and digital files/records (including those of a confidential nature); preparing materials for conferences/meetings; drafting routine correspondence.
- Provide general support to office staff and visitors.
- Communicate with student applicants and participants by telephone and email.
- Assist with data collection and tracking of program outcomes to support reporting.
- Manage workflow by ensuring deadlines are met and work completed correctly.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Strong interest in working with high-achieving, high school, and college students.
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships, and influence strategies and techniques for high level corporate executives, community leaders, high net worth individuals, and diverse constituents.
- Outcome driven with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Remain composed under stress, handle responses to criticism tactfully and deliver on organizational commitments.
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and oral communication skills
- Experience conducting research, compiling information, and organization for program development
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
Hours: Full- Time, 40 hours/week
Start Date: November 2021 To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only
, to L4L@commonpointqueens.org
. Please indicate "Program Coordinator, Ladders for Leaders
45,000 - 55,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.