Location and Job Title:
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Instruct students on proper water safety while adhering to all policies and procedures set forth by the Aquatics Manual. Plan and ensure students' progression in learning water safety skills.Communicate progress with students' parents and, using professional attitude at all times, communicate any concerns with all appropriate parties, including supervisors.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred:American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, CPRPR, First Aid
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred:none
- Special Skills: Must be able to teach, communicate, and work with people of all ages. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth in the Aquatics Manual.
- Teach group or private lessons to people of all ages.
- Provide safe instruction to the participants of the JCC swimming programs.
- Complete necessary planning and paperwork inherent to the position.
- Attend all staff and evaluation meetings as scheduled.
- Instructors will be expected to have tentative block plans for each class.The supervisor will check the block plans.
- Always start and finish class on time.
- Check off skills as the students accomplish them.
- Open communication with parents about any lesson information, including scheduling.
- Maintain student progress reports and communicate students' progress to parents.
- Make use of teaching aids.
- Instructors will always be in the water with the students.
- Attendance must be taken each day for every class.
- A professional attitude must be maintained at all times and all swim lessons should be fun, safe, and well-organized.
- Report problems you are having immediately (with children, teachers, counselors, etc.)
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.