Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: This position, under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, has the responsibilities of maintaining order in the Natatorium by preventing accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of members and guests. Additional responsibilities include monitoring the facilities for potential hazards or unsafe conditions, providing first aid, and all other duties as necessary or required.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for all participants.
- Communicate and enforce all regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
- Assist swimmers in and out of the pool when needed.
- Complete daily checklists and pool readings as instructed.
- Take chemical readings on a one-hour cycle or as noted on the pool log. Bring any unusual readings or conditions to the attention of the director.
- Help instructors with equipment and assist them during classes.
- Maintain eye contact with all swimmers.
- Be on deck at all times.
- Report all needed repairs to supervisor.
- Must attend staff training.
- Attend member service training.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification must be current and maintained.
- CPR for the professional rescuer, first aid and AED certification must be current and maintained.
- Greet everyone by name in a friendly manner.
- No non-work related reading materials allowed.
- Be willing to substitute for fellow team members and secure substitutes for working hours when you are unable to work.
- Report all member service conditions to the Aquatic Director or Assistant Aquatic Director.
- Abide by all Center and Aquatic policies and procedures at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Employee Code of Conduct and Staff Code of Caring.
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming