Location and Job Title:
Young Adults Director & BBYO Advisor Coordinator
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta seeks a dynamic and motivated professional that will attract, involve and inspire meaningful connections with the young adult community (21-40). The Young Adults Director is responsible for coordinating events and programs that will provide a gateway for a lifetime of involvement at the MJCCA. The Director is responsible for working with young adult lay leaders and colleagues to create a dynamic program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for creating connections that promote Jewish identity and engagement with generation Y population.
To create, promote and implement social events, holiday and Shabbat programming, co-ed sports leagues, community service, and networking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Young Adults
- Identify, recruit and track young adults in the Greater Atlanta Jewish Community
- Coordinate, promote, staff and follow up on ongoing cultural and social programs to include Jewish holidays, social events, and co-ed Jewish young adult sports leagues.
- Recruit program participants, both members and non-members by phone, social media, email and in person.
- Serve as a concierge for the young adult population, assisting in their integration into the community.
- Attend all networking opportunities held within the Jewish community of Atlanta.
- Maintain and develop new partnerships and relationships with local business and organizations.
- Keep current and prospective program participants informed of program activities and events.
- Cross promote and coordinate programming efforts with other departments within the JCC and also with other Jewish organization like The Jewish federation of greater Atlanta, Friends of the Israel defense forces, Jewish national fund, Jewish day schools, Hillels of Georgia, The Israeli consulate, Birthright Israel and local synagogues.
- Manage the program's annual budget.
- Collaborate with the universities' Hillels to engage Jewish students in the MJCCA community and meet with them in order to get them more involved in Jewish life post-graduation.
- Organize volunteer opportunities to encourage Tikkun Olam among young adults.
- Work closely with lay leaders, host committees and team captains to make sure that each event meets its goals.
- Main curator and content creator for the MJCCA Young Adult Social Media accounts
- Create and implement program offerings for young couples
- Opportunity to plan staffing for one Birthright Israel trip per year (a 10-12 day trip)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: BBYO
- Oversee the BBYO volunteer advisor program; recruiting, interviewing, orientation, ongoing trainings, communication, and appreciation
- Plan recruitment meetings for BBYO young adult volunteer advisors
- Recruit and manage staff to volunteer for BBYO conventions and events as scheduled
- Attend and supervise BBYO conventions as scheduled
- Assist with additional programs, planning, and staffing as needed within assigned hours
- Bachelor degree required
- Previous experience working with people ages 21-40 preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in creating and executing engagement and outreach programs
- Experience in volunteer management and group facilitation
- Knowledge of the Greater Atlanta Jewish community preferred
- Self-starter with a get-it-done attitude needed
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; be detail oriented
- Social media experience
- Team player
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.