Location and Job Title:
Arts and Adults Program Coordinator
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (Byachad) We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh vHaGuf) We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
This position is responsible for programming and event coordination of Arts and Adult programs. The Arts and Adults Program Coordinators duties will include administrative oversight and coordination of adult classes and clubs, volunteer management, and logistical and administrative support for Arts and Adults programs and gallery exhibitions. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of program participants.
This is a part-time position, scheduled for 15-20 hours a week.
- Assisting with Arts and Adults classes and ongoing programs.
- Managing volunteers, coordinating food, and providing program support for Arts and Adults department events.
- Communicating with instructors as needed.
- Generating reports for Arts and Adults departments.
- Managing invoices and billing for Arts and Adults departments.
- Ordering supplies as needed for Arts and Adults events.
- Organizing holiday events.
- Coordinating gallery exhibits, set up, logistics, and reception.
- Providing support for Lessans Family Literary Series, including: coordinating travel and accommodations for authors/speakers, ordering books from publishers, assisting with planning and execution of author talks.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Rebecca Brossy at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply externally at https://www.benderjccgw.org/about-us/jobs/
- A self-starter. You are not afraid of ambiguity. You understand that it is your job to create the clarity you seek and you relish making order out of chaos.
- Collaborative. You enjoy learning from and with talented colleagues and are excited to be part of the success of the Bender JCC.
- Savvy and Intuitive. You are adept at communicating ideas to a range of stakeholders and you know that different settings often require different methods and tools.
- Passionate about the work. You are motivated by the mission of the Bender JCC and you have a deep connection and desire for this work to exist in the world.
- Innovative and grounded. You love trying new things and devising creative solutions to persistent problems. Most importantly, you know how to make it happen.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Organized. You are able to handle multiple tasks and show a high level of attention to detail in your work.
You should have:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to develop, nurture, and build internal and external relationships.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative with projects and multi-task.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
- Required COVID-19 vaccination.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part-time, non-exempt position, with an hourly rate between $20-22, commensurate with experience. The Bender JCC provides a benefits package that includes 403b, medical, dental, and vision benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and a flexible working environment. Youll also receive a full family membership to the Bender JCC, including complete access to the entire fitness facility and pools, plus staff discounts on programs and services.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! The Bender JCC is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please apply through our website, and submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.