Location and Job Title:
Senior Program Director
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hours; special events may require evening or Sunday hours
- Office Location: Whitestone, Queens; all services are currently being conducted in a virtual space until the current health crisis subsides and we are able to resume onsite and in-home services.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Clearview Assistance Program Naturally Occurring Retirement Community, and oversee our entire portfolio of NORC Supportive Services programs serving adults aged 60+
- Assists the AVP for Older Adult Services in managing all aspects of the department
- Ensure programs meet standards as set forth by funding sources including, but not limited to, the New York City Department for the Aging, New York State Office for the Aging and UJA
- Develops and ensures program adherence to policies and procedures in line with standards set forth by funding sources as well as Commonpoint Queens
- Responsible for timely completion of all internal and external reports; tracks NORC program utilization regularly; conducts annual needs assessment and program satisfaction surveys; measures impact of services provided and makes service changes based on outcomes
- Builds and maintains valuable relationships with our housing partners, community nursing partners, local hospitals and rehabilitation centers, local legislative representatives and other community based organizations
- Facilitates quarterly meetings of the CAP NORC Advisory Board; ensures all NORC programs do the same
- Meets with potential new members to explain services available and to assess client needs; provides complex case management as needed via telephone, office or home visits as appropriate
- Develops innovative programming and outreach strategies to engage culturally diverse and severely isolated residents
- Provides regularly scheduled individual supervision for all direct reports as well as full staff meetings
- Manages attendance for all paid supervisees
- Works with department staff to create a bi-monthly calendar of events and programming for distribution to the community
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings of the Older Adult Services Department Program Directors, full staff and training sessions as available
- Participates in budget development, grant writing and contract renewals
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Master's Degree in Social Work. SIFI certified or eligible to enroll in SIFI preferred. Experience working with older adults and program development. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be computer literate and comfortable utilizing various technological platforms to facilitate and participate in virtual programming.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the agency.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.