Location and Job Title:
Russian Speaking Jewish Program Assistant, Temporary
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Position Summary: Assistant and support for RSJ Administrator. Assists with programs for Russian Speaking Community - both children and adults.Provides clerical and logistic support including coordination and scheduling of volunteers.Assists at program events - could include weekends or evenings.
- Assists in creating and distributing flyers and posters in coordination with the Marketing Director
- Assists in scheduling events, coordinating logistics and updating community calendar
- Work with volunteers to schedule coverage in conjunction with Administrator of program.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and resources for events
- Maintain program and event checklists and assist Program Administrator with program continuity
- Fields phone calls on RSJ events and programs
- Communicate with program participants
- High School Diploma or equivalent - 2 year college degree preferred
- No less than two years' experience in clerical support, logistics or program management
- Demonstrated effective communication skills - both verbally and written
- Fluent in English - Russian speaking or conversant a plus
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Experience with Facebook calendaring, Constant Contact and Microsoft applications - basic experience with Excel, MSWord, Publisher
- Community Center environment with both office and program responsibilities
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods
- Ability to lift/carry 45 lbs.
- The APJCC is a multi-storage building with elevator - varied surfaces. ADA compliant.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.