Location and Job Title:
CEO Assistant & Board Relations Liaison
Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
2565 Balltown Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
This position will assist the CEO and manage many aspects of his/her day to enable them to focus on the priorities of both the Albany and Schenectady JCCs individually and collectively ("JCCs"). This position performs confidential and routine administrative related support to the CEO, Boards of Directors, and committees as assigned. Duties include detailed record keeping; data base administration, project management for special efforts/programs, regular and non-routine correspondence, phone, emails, coordinating meetings, daily schedules and overall C-Suite administrative and support duties that lead to the success of on-going projects. Ensures calendar events and associated activities are scheduled and executed accurately. Proactively anticipates daily activity requirements along with projecting future needs.
- Provides direct support to the CEO which will include confidential and sensitive information, ensuring he is updated and kept informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Proactively working to help the CEO organize activities, meetings, travel, and workload.
- Screening email communication-responding when possible and/or preparing CEO with information for responses.
- Responsible for drafting and editing written correspondence for the CEO.
- Maintaining organizational databases and managing mailing lists.
- Assembles, organizes, tracks confidential and sensitive information: may involve legal issues.
- Assist with communications with constituents, board members as well as national and international partners and local organizations.
- Acts as project manager for special projects as assigned which may include planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information, research and collecting data.
- Maintain and manage timelines and schedules related to financial resource development (FRD).
- Assist in donor relationship management by producing and sending donor acknowledgement and donor correspondence, update and manage donor database.
- Manage fundraising event planning, administration and reporting for fundraising initiatives.
- Arranging and coordinating internal and external meetings, committee meetings, and events. In particular this includes the work and meetings of the boards of directors of the JCCs, of the Joint Collaboration Committee, and of the respective FRD committees of both JCCs.
- Preparing Board of Director and committee meeting materials in advance for the CEO. Taking and distributing minutes and maintaining attendance records for all board meetings, meetings of the Joint Collaboration Committee and the FRD committees
- Presenting a professional and welcoming first point of contact to visitors. Maintaining a strong understanding of the culture, values, and services of the organization and reflecting this understanding in decisions made in support of the CEO.
- Manage, prioritize, and maintain CEO's calendar - while continually finding new ways to increase overall efficiency.
- Performs administrative functions which include internal and external customer service, creating and sending out letters and emails, faxing, filing, scanning, photocopying, etc. ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Work with related staff to maintain the look, cleanliness, and maintenance of front office spaces.
- Attend and take notes at meetings as directed by CEO. This may require local travel.
- Perform related duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skill, and/or Abilities Required)
- Three to five years working with senior level executives in a fast-paced environment. Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working directly with a CEO or C-Suite level position.
- Exhibit a professional communication style, socially adept, and courteous demeanor.
- Proficient computer skill and in-depth knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and social media.
- Flexible, with ability to assess and respond to a variety of non-routine and unexpected tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills, judgement and decision-making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Commitment to organization values and mission.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Takes initiative, proactive, helpful "can do" attitude.
Primarily sitting at the workstation in an office environment utilizing the computer.
Regular travel between the Albany JCC and Schenectady JCC. (Note where based not essential for position guide)
Includes some filing which requires the ability to bend, stoop, and stand as necessary
Mission & History
Our mission is to build a vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive community that embraces our Jewish values, culture, identity and connections to Israel, engages the local community, and enhances the body, mind and spirit of our members.
Who We Are
The JCC is a thriving non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse populations of Schenectady, Albany and Saratoga Counties. Since 1921 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 75 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, adult swim lessons, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs