Location and Job Title:
Manager of Community Security
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
The Manager of Community Security is a part-time (15-20 hrs/week) position that plans, directs and manages the implementation and the coordination of security plans for The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island, as well as supporting institutions and agencies of the Jewish community of Greater Rhode Island.
- Responsible for the security systems and protocols for the Jewish Alliance/Dwares JCC and works closely with multiple community stakeholders to ensure implementation of best practices in all matters of safety, as well as protection of property and assets.
- Supports assessments and security strategies for institutions and agencies of the Greater Rhode Island Jewish community.
- Provides training and education through security awareness to a wide-range of community groups on a wide range of topics such as: CPR, de-escalation, active-shooter, etc.
- Develops effective partnerships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and emergency management agencies, as well as any other stakeholders, to ensure achievement of community's vision for security.
- Analyzes and disseminates information from local, national, international and Israeli news and media, as well as intelligence network communication locally and abroad. Anticipate future security trends to develop and ensure implementation of suitable community-wide risk-mitigation strategies.
- Supports overall security guidance for synagogues and local partners in preparation for large gatherings during the program year. Maintain a list of security contractors.
- Evaluates security plans annually and implements, whenever necessary, risk-minimization effective strategies and solutions for the Rhode Island Jewish community organizations.
- Serves as a key point of contact for local, state, and national security grants community-wide.
- Completes grant proposals, reports, and assessments as needed when securing necessary funding for Dwares JCC security grants.
Background: The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world. Today's Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island. We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern. Together, we translate Jewish values into action. All our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L'dor v'dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel. Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning