Location and Job Title:
Group Fitness Manager
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Work Schedule: Part-time, non-exempt
This is a part time position involving a Work Flex schedule, based upon staffing needs. Employee is not permitted to work greater than 29 hours per week without supervisor approval.
Overview: The Group Fitness Manager is responsible for the supervision and maintenance of the daily operation of the Group Exercise department.
- Minimum 2 years' instructor experience
- Have 2 years' supervisory experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, computer skills
- Have and maintain a nationally recognized Group Fitness Instructor certification
- CPR/AED certification must be current and maintained
- First Aid certification is recommended
- Be committed to the maintenance and growth of the Group Fitness Department. This includes, but is not limited to; program planning, implementation, enforcement of rules and regulations, and maintaining the overall smooth and consistent functioning of this department.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Mentor Education Program for group fitness instructors.
- Recruit, hire, retain, and develop a premier instructor team.
- Foster professional standards among all instructors and members.
- Maintain tracking records for equipment and attendance.
- Be an integral part in the growth Group Exercise programming.
- Work with Marketing Director to promote programs and activities.
- Prepare statistics and reports on the Group Fitness Department as requested by the Fitness Director.
- Complete weekly payroll for Group Fitness Employees.
- Supervise the care and purchase of the group fitness equipment and supplies.
- Maintain staff Group Fitness and Safety Certifications.
- Available and able to substitute classes if needed.
- Maintain around 10 Management hours per week. Hourly requirements are subject to change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate in a clear, timely and effective manner.
- Be actively involved in the strategic initiatives for the group fitness department.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, program committees and any other agency committees related to this department.
- Create a safe and pleasant environment for participant to exercise.
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, staff, and guests by adhering to the Core Values.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to perform all skills you are scheduled to teach
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming