Location and Job Title:
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
LJCC lifeguards, under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator and Head lifeguard is responsible for the safety, cleanliness and operation of the swimming pool. They will assist in hiring, training, scheduling and appraising lifeguards.
- Supervise, organize, motivate, assist with hiring, schedule and evaluate the staff.
- Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that lifesaving certification is current and that all lifeguards are fully competent in performing water rescue procedures and coordinates in ensuring safe of patrons in and around the pool, monitoring swimmers and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensures that lifeguards perform in accordance with established safety regulations and policies.
- Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring pool activities, applying first aid and preforming water rescues as necessary.
- Ensures that swimmers are well supervised in the pool and on the decks.
- Interfaces with patrons regarding concerns, problems or any other significant issues. Provides input and feedback while responding to problems.
- Responsible for performing opening/and closing procedures.
- Performs all cleaning and light maintenance of the indoor and outdoor pool (year-round) according to schedule.
- Responsible for upkeep of the pool deck and surrounding areas.
- Keeps the management well informed of pool maintenance needs.
- Responsible for planning, organization, set up and tear down of accommodations for special events and facility rentals (inflatables, parties, etc.).
- Instruct lifeguard and water safety training.
- Performs all other related duties, as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years paid lifeguard experience and/or previous lifeguard supervisory experience.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Must possess American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification.
- Must possess American Red Cross Training certification in Community First Aid and CPR.
- Must possess (or be willing to obtain) American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard Instructor certification
- Ability to pass a Center prepared water test.
- Must be able to work Sunday-Thursday, during the off season. Schedule may vary during the summer pool season. During the summer pool season, shifts may include mornings, mid-day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
$25,000 - $35,000
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.