Location and Job Title:
Preschool Lead Teacher
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
Do you feel inspired by young children? Do you believe they are capable and competent learners? Yes? Please continue reading!
We are looking for fantastic, experienced educators to join our team in an energetic, warm, and engaging environment. Educators will be working with children ages 2-5 years. The roles we are interviewing include Lead Teachers (a 2s class and a 4s class), Assistant Teachers (2s, 3s, and 4s classes), and Substitutes (part-time, all ages 2-5).
The Weinstein JCC Preschool is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, Judaics, and Nature Education. We promote inclusive settings for children with differing abilities. Our program is fully accredited by NAEYC and licensed by the state of Virginia. Our playgrounds are nationally certified by Nature Explore as outdoor, nature-based classrooms that enhance children's connection with the natural world.
We offer competitive benefits, some of which depend on your role and how long you have worked with us.
- We will follow guidelines from VA state and CDC to prioritize the health and safety of our children, faculty, and families.
- Adults will comply with mask requirements indoors and necessary sanitizing and disinfecting protocols.
- Class groups will not intermingle. One class will be together for the entirety of their day.
- We are excited to take this opportunity to shift our program from a Preschool + Childcare model to a full-day Preschool model.
- We will take advantage of our beautiful outdoor spaces for as much of the day as possible.
- Our child/teacher ratios are incredible! 6-9 children with 2 teachers.
Submit your resume and cover letter.
***Please include desired role in your cover letter.***
No phone calls.
This is an exciting time, and we hope you take this opportunity to work and grow with us!
Your strengths should include but not be limited to:
- Prioritizing the social and emotional growth of the children.
- Experienced with guiding a group of up to 9 preschool children and collaborating openly and effectively with colleagues through exploration, observation, and research with children.
- Able to meet children at their developmental level and provide meaningful experiences relevant to each child.
- Understand that listening and interacting authentically is a basis for positive relationships.
- Positive and energetic attitude for learning new things, opportunities that arise throughout the day, sharing skills and knowledge with colleagues, and a genuine desire to grow in your practice.
- Naturally focused on the process of young children interacting with materials, building life skills, and learning to manage interpersonal relationships.
- Experience in early childhood education required.College degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
The Weinstein JCC is a place where people of all ages and faiths belong. We strive to maintain the highest standards for facilities and programming and offer classes, services and events that contribute to the well-being of the Jewish and Richmond Community.
We're Richmond's home for fitness, aquatics, early childhood education, after-school childcare, summer camps, senior programs, cultural arts, and much more!