You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
ECE Site Director
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
Osher Marin JCC Preschool Site Director
The Site Director for the Osher Marin JCC Preschool is a full-time, exempt position requiring strong supervisory and mentoring skills, independent judgement, initiative and excellent communication skills. This position is responsible for the daily oversight of staff and operations of the preschool. As a key member of the ECE leadership team, the Site Director will articulate and implement ECE core values, vision and purpose. The Site Director reports to the ECE Director.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Parent and Family Relations
- Foster a welcoming environment for all families. Promote a community of belonging by greeting children and families upon arrival and departure and facilitating relationships between families to create a strong and supportive community.
- Serve as a resource and liaison for consultation and guidance regarding early childhood education, parenting, and child development.
- Maintain clear and open communication with families through daily interactions, email communications and oversight of teacher-parent communications.
- Responsible for guiding the Parents Auxiliary's role in supporting the school by working with the PA president and board, communicating the school's needs, encouraging parent engagement, overseeing the PA budget and attending regular PA meetings.
Staff Relations, Communication and Support
- Work with the leadership team (both Site Directors and the ECE Director) to plan and implement annual staff professional development, including Teacher Training Week prior to the start of the school year, full-day closures, monthly professional development meetings and summer camp staff training.
- Spend time in classrooms to mentor, coach and model.
- Meet with teaching teams weekly to engage in reflective supervision.
- Email weekly updates to teaching staff that include important school news, expectations of staff, calendar of events, etc.
- Support Jewish curriculum in the classrooms.
- Create and implement systems that facilitate effective communication between staff, parents, teachers and administration.
- Complete performance reviews for each supervisee by June 1st of each year; meet with each staff to discuss and review goals for upcoming year; conduct a mid-year check in and revise goals if needed.
- Work with the ECE Director and JBaby Program Manager to support the creation and implementation of parent and family education programs.
- Ensure program compliance with California state licensing and ensure the health and safety of preschool children and staff at all times.
- Coordinate summer programs, including hiring, training and supervising staff, planning summer content and overseeing preparations and ordering of supplies.
ECE Programming and Environment
- Articulate the school's philosophy, values and curriculum through the use of printed materials, the JCC website and the aesthetics of the school spaces (e.g., classrooms, front entrance, office, etc.).
- Ensure design and implementation of a Jewish, developmentally-appropriate constructivist curriculum based on supportive relationships, inquiry and exploration.
- Work with consultants and outside providers to support ongoing work with children needing additional support and their families. Facilitate the implementation of strategies in the classroom. Provide support and guidance for teachers working with outside professionals.
- Recruit, supervise and maintain all aspects of personnel management of preschool staff.
- Participate in the hiring and termination of staff as indicated by the ECE Director.
- Work with ECE leadership team to secure and maintain enrollment goals.
- Lead tours for prospective parents and follow up to close enrollment.
- Play an active role in the ECE leadership team.
- Manage daily operations for all preschool site-specific programs.
- Arrange for daily staff coverage; Hire, assign and supervise substitutes as needed.
- Manage school's special events and participate in creating programming for JCC signature events.
- Participate in accreditation processes in partnership with the ECE leadership team as determined by the ECE Director.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the JCC Preschool.
- Manage the school's expenses to maintain a balanced budget.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
- A minimum of five years teaching experience and supervisory experience in a similar setting.
- Preschool Director qualified (or the equivalent) by California State Licensing.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation and with staff supervision.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions and culture preferred, as well as the ability to integrate these concepts in programming and staff professional development.
- Ability to provide leadership, effective guidance and stability for program continuity and growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, digital photography and other IT skills preferred.
- Certified in Infant and Child First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
$75,000 - $85,000
Salary & Benefits
Salary range: $75,000 - $85,000
Health & dental insurance plans; life insurance; long term disability insurance; retirement plan, 125 plans, 22 vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 National & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency leave days per year; bi-annual CPR, 1st Aid & AED training; JCC full facility family membership; discounts on JCC programs & events.