Location and Job Title:
Director, Early Childhood and Infant Care
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Commonpoint Queens' mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
Statement of the Job
The Program Director, Early Childhood Education serves as the Education Director in any given nursery school within the organization. The Director is responsible for operating a center that provides the highest level of care, in accordance with NYC Department of Education and Department of Health expectations. Additionally, the Director is responsible for marketing fee for service slots, all enrollment procedures, hiring and supervising all classroom staff, and serving as the point person for the center with parents and other stakeholders.
- Perform all necessary daily clerical tasks germane to the position (phone calls, email, purchasing, filing and fiscal responsibilities)
- Maintaining staff and student files and records that pertain to registration, enrollment, health/safety and NYC DOH licensing.
- Lead participant recruitment and registration, including processing DOE UPK applications.
- Post all related employment ads, interview and select all classroom staff, complete all agency onboarding procedures.
- Supervise and review the implementation of DOE and thematic based curriculum via documented classroom observations.
- Act as a liaison between the site's appointed DOE Instructional Coordinator and the teaching staff ensuring that all goals are being met.
- Assist teachers in the implementation of family communication and classroom assessment systems, such as Tadpoles and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Execute identified steps towards improvement on program performance on the ERC-S scale.
- Measure progress of staff using the center's performance evaluation to modify and remediate.
- Receive and give instructions to staff through the use of mentoring and or role modeling.
- Address issues with teachers, children and parents in a compassionate, concrete and timely manner.
- Lead hiring and scheduling of substitute teachers.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing plans, including but not limited to, taking inquiry and follow up calls, conducting site tours and distributing/collecting registration and enrollment packets.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive professional development plan for management and classroom staff at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift approximately 40 pounds from floor to waist high.
- Able to travel between sites within the agency.
- M.A, in Early Childhood Education and a State Department of Education teacher certification in Early Childhood Education (B-2) or (N,K, Grades 1-6).
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an Early Childhood Program and three years of supervisory experience in a comparable setting.
- Complies with all Agency, State, City and Federal regulations for a person working in an Early Childhood setting.
- Highly knowledgeable in working with Google Suite and NYC DOE computer systems
- RTE certification preferred
75,000 - 85,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.