Location and Job Title:
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
The duties assigned to the Camp Nurse are meant as a guideline to establish a high quality of care to our (250) campers.
A prerequisite of this position is a current NY RN or LPN license by the agreed upon start date.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Reviewing medical information for all campers and staff
- Triaging campers during our two daily sick calls
- Assessing health/injury risks during the camp program
- Working with the Camp Doctor in diagnosing illnesses and treating injuries
- Supervising campers in the infirmary if they are unable to participate in the camp program.
- Recording medication distribution to Campers that are handed out at the medication window prior to meals.
- Assisting in keeping the infirmary clean and sanitized
- Shopping for medical supplies/medications (as needed) to keep the infirmary fully supplied.
- Preparation of medications for daily distribution.
- Answering parent phone calls about the health of their campers
Camp Seneca Lake, the Jewish Community Center's Summer Camp has the following opportunity for a Camp Nurse!
Camp Seneca Lake is located in the Finger Lakes Region of Central New York
Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 - Sunday, August 16th, 2020
Rotating schedule for on call overnights.
Full time hours, combination of days, evenings and weekends.
Three paid days off during session.
Competitive pay plus Room and Board.