Location and Job Title:
Head Swim Team Coach, Part-Time
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Head Swim Team Coach organizes and staffs the TigerSharks, the Gordon Jewish Community Center (JCC) swim team. S/he will provide a fun, safe swim team experience and ensure an age appropriate program tailored to the abilities of the participants. S/he will maintain the highest safety standards at all times and encourage improvement of the swimmers and the team. S/he will manage all swim team programming, participant and family communication, and administration and logistics of on-site and off-site meets. The Head Swim Team Coach is an active member of the swim coaching staff and the JCC Aquatics Staff team. This is a part-time position.
Swim Team Programming:
- Develop, implement, supervise and evaluate TigerSharks swim team program
- Manage swim meets and coordinate swim team events such as parties, banquets and fundraisers.
- Keep informed of all trends and developments in the Swim Team world and provide vision for future programming.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff and committees, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful service to swim team members.
- Accept other duties as assigned, which may include participating as an "In water" coach, supervising swimmers in locker rooms, teaching private or group swimming lessons, and even, on rare occasion, serve as a lifeguard.
Facility and Equipment:
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment
- Maintain inventory and purchase swim team gear as needed and ensure that gear is properly secured and stored.
- Check the equipment before and after each session or meet to ensure that it is in working order and accounted for.
- Respect all venue facilities, leaving the pool and related areas clean and tidy
Staffing and Supervision:
- As program grows, Head Swim Team Coach may be responsible to recruit, train, supervise and evaluate coaching staff.
Administrative and Budgeting:
- Ensure that all swim team and meet registrations are processed in a timely manner.
- Work with business office to ensure that all participants have completed the necessary paperwork and paid entry fees prior to processing Gordon JCC check request.
- Manage all logistics pertaining to all swim meets in which the team is participating
- Provide written feedback on each swimmer's performance
- Submit all expense documentation and requests for reimbursements in a timely fashion.
- Turn in all paperwork and payments to affiliated swim leagues in a timely manner
- Attend regular NSL, YMTSC, and any other necessary meetings to run programs
- Promote and grow swim team programs
Marketing and Communication:
- Clearly communicate policies and programs to families and participants to promote participation and establish relationships that extend beyond a single swim team season.
- Manage swim team communication with parents so that information is presented clearly and in a timely manner. Keep HyTek Team Manager (or other swim team management software) up to date to communicate with families and organize volunteers
- Work with Marketing Department to create marketing materials to promote Swim Team programs.
Required Instructor/Coaching Certification:
- Current certification as an ASCA Level 2 Coach OR
- Current certification as an USA Swim Team Coach OR
- Current certification as a YMCA Swim Coach OR
- Current certification as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
Required Safety Training:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Team Coaches OR
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, AND
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid
- Successful candidates may be required to complete additional training in Preventing Disease Transmission: Bloodborne Pathogens, Emergency Oxygen Administration, and Child Abuse Prevention
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- BA in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education or related field preferred
- Experience working with youth and adults
- Experience in recreational programming
- Strong communication and organizational skills
25,000 - 35,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center
(Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational,
educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member
families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a
place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with
their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp
experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.