Location and Job Title:
Human Resources Assistant
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Human Resources Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintains all confidential information carefully and consistently and protects operations by keeping human resource information and knowledge in complete confidence at all times.
- Helps with the hiring process, the employment applications; answers frequently asked questions from applicants.
- Conducts or assists with new hire process and orientation.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department by entering, formatting, and printing information
- Assist with payroll functions including collecting and checking time and attendance records, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Organize work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Accuracy and high level reporting skills
- Must maintain fully organized, accurate and secure employee files
- Dependable and reliable to all staff and candidates
- Consistent and thorough organizational skills
- Reliably maintains all information in confidence
- Independ work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Mastery of computer software, including Microsoft Office and a quick study of new software systems necessary for maintaining all personnel and payroll records
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. (SFY) builds community, strengthens families and empowers individuals to achieve their potentials and enhance their quality their lives. Our programs and services reflect the richness of the Shorefront YM-YWHA's Community Center and Settlement House traditions. We reach out to and serve people of all backgrounds and abilities throughout their life spans.
We provide a wide range of exemplary educational, recreational, preventive and rehabilitative health, vocational, cultural, citizenship, Jewish identity-building and human service programs to meet the evolving strengths, needs and interests of the rich mosaic of people in southern Brooklyn.
The Shorefront YM-YWHA maximizes the impact of its resources and expertise by forming partnerships and alliances with other organizations, government agencies and philanthropic institutions that share our commitments and values.