Location and Job Title:
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
Our ideal candidate is interested in fulfilling the needs of their clients by offering the best relaxing experience as possible and building a long-term loyal clientele base. Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the soft-tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, and relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all LJCC policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes LJCC approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by LJCC.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management
Levite Jewish Community Center
3960 Montclair Road
Birmingham, AL. 35213