Location and Job Title:
Marketing & Communications Director
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
The Marketing & Communications Director is responsible for the creation and implementation of an effective public relations and marketing plan for the agency.
- Assists department heads with all marketing pieces and recommends practical methods for marketing services and programs
- Coordinates all publicity, internal and external
- Illustrates concepts by designing layout of art and copy
- Creates or identifies images that convey a message
- Manages online presence through website content and various social media outlets
- Coordinates photography, print material, and design, as well as print publications, media relations and advertising
- Supports the PR efforts of the center by developing stories, releases and alerts for various media outlets and assists with the enhancement of agency ambience
- Manages timelines and project plans
- Facilitates relationship building with other Jewish and non-Jewish community agencies
- Develops and manages budget
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years' professional experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Working knowledge and experience with Desktop publishing and design, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; along with photography and video skills
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS software including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop a plus
- Knowledge of social media, email, and website marketing
- Ambitious, extremely organized, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and be a self-starter
- Ability to interact positively with others
- Willingness to work scheduled nights and weekend events
$45,000 - $55,000
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.