Location and Job Title:
Assistant Fitness & Wellness Director
Jewish Community Alliance of Jacksonville
8505 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
The responsibility of this position is to assist the Fitness
and Wellness Director with all tasks essential to managing this department of
the JCA. Tasks include, but are not limited to, ensuring the smooth operation
of all group exercise classes, personal training, payroll, marketing, acting as
manager on duty during specified times, working with the Wellness Connexion,
member relations and customer service, and ensuring a pristine fitness
environment working in tandem with the facilities management team.
- Must have administrative and organizational skills to oversee fitness staff scheduling, management, and timecard verification.
- Ability to create, write, edit, and promote fitness programs and marketing materials.
- Efficient communication and time management skills.
- Possess skills to select, train, supervise, and evaluate all personnel assigned to the group fitness and kid care program.
- Coordinate and process the purchase of departmental supplies and equipment. To secure all supplies needed for each program in a timely way via ordering from local vendors, shopping, or internet purchasing.
- Ensure that all applicable daily reports are completed correctly.
- Responsible for fitness testing and health screening to properly assess the status of participants in the SGF (Balance) program for United Way reporting twice per year.
- Contribute articles, interview members, and write success stories for the JCA program guide & newsletters.
- Coordinate, plan and initiate agency wide presentations and physicians chats about fitness, wellness, and health related topics, working closely with the Wellness Connexion coaches.
- Assist in departmental management, staff implementing JCA policies, goals, operating procedures, and standards for all aspects of group fitness classes and private training programs.
- To attend, participate in, and sometimes lead JCA meetings as deemed appropriate. These may include (but are not limited to) staff meetings, special event meetings, board of trustees meeting, etc.
- Plan and coordinate all fitness programs according to a monthly/yearly calendar.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Fitness & Wellness Director, JCA Assistant Director or CEO of the JCA.
- To provide Jewish themed/related fitness programs to JCA members and staff in a variety of creative ways.
- Skills in clear oral and written communication are essential.
- Working with ad hoc committees, attending meetings, advising, influencing, and cooperating with others is necessary. Organizational skills relating to socially related activities are equally important.
- To develop creative, thoughtful programs (with quality content) from beginning through implementation and follow-up. This includes meeting established marketing deadlines and all paperwork required for JCA programs, i.e., program planners, purchase orders, marketing requests, etc.
- To actively keep top-of-mind the mission of the JCA, promoting Jewish values and traditions.
- To actively promote program attendance through marketing channels, face to face and social media.
- To demonstrate the ability to work within a fiscally sound, established budget.
- To network and actively foster relationships with synagogues and other Jewish agencies.
- React to change productively, handling other essential tasks as necessary which may include participation in staff meetings, building tours for prospective members, participation in programs or events as required or other staff team functions.
- To be knowledgeable of, enforce and implement JCA policies, on a regular basis.
- To work cooperatively with all departments within the agency and as part of a team whose goal is to provide quality programs and services fulfilling the mission statement of the JCA.
- To understand the JCA is a member/consumer-based agency and always provide excellent customer service.
- Be flexible, punctual, and dependable.
- To do any other reasonable tasks required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and compose correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with groups of customers or employees of the JCA. Ability to compose, write and edit flyers, newsletters, ad copy, letters, and other communications. Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation, and proof-reading skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This function requires the abilities to calculate, compare, diagnose, estimate, and verify.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable law. Ability to work with computer software program: Word, Excel, and Outlook, Upace, Traction Rec. Familiar with copiers, fax machines, and calculators.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand and move throughout the building and on trips off-site. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and might occasionally need to lift young children to aid staff in the event of an emergency.
The working conditions vary from a physically active environment to a general office setting. The noise level varies. Off-site travel to vendors and/or other such locations, as necessary.
The JCA strengthens Jewish life, serves as a common meeting ground, and enhances the quality of life of the entire community. Our vision is to provide the place in the tradition of our heritage where all people come together throughout their lives, to enhance body, mind, and spirit, in an environment of fun, harmony and friendship.
35,000 - 45,000
The Jewish Community Alliance (JCA) is a non-profit community center affiliated with the Jacksonville Jewish Federation, the United Way of Northeast Florida and the Jewish Community Centers of North America. Our mission is to contribute to the continuation of Jewish life and all people within our community of Jacksonville, FL, as well as provide a common meeting ground for everyone, and enhance the quality of life for all segments of the community to strengthen family life. The JCA is not solely for the Jewish community; we welcome all people from every different walks of life into our family here at the JCA to prosper and grow with us toward a better tomorrow.