Location and Job Title:
Children's. Tween and Teen Coordinator
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
Under the direction of the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches' Palm Beach Gardens' Children & Family Program Director and Camp Director, the Children's, Tween and Teen Coordinator is responsible for overall engagement and programming for ages 4th grade through high school. Normal working hours will include evenings and weekends.
- Develops, leads, and implements youth and recreation programs, including but not limited to summer and vacation camps, pre-teen and teen programming and volunteer opportunities, and teen leadership development.
- Pilots creative, new experiential Jewish teen initiatives.
- Builds relationships with participants through meaningful conversations and by creating connections to opportunities to participate in Jewish experiences.
- Identifies and cultivates teen leadership to empower them to own their Jewish journey.
- Serves as a Jewish role model, supporting students through life cycle events, the challenges of life in elementary school, middle school and high school, and everything in between to support their mental wellness.
- Identifies opportunities to expand the reach and impact of the JCC youth and teen programs and use these opportunities to recruit participants.
- Develops strong partnerships with parents, community leaders, synagogues, and other Jewish organizations to expand and enhance teen programming and advocate for teen population.
- Develops annual goals and work plans for youth and teen programs and provides on-going evaluation of progress relative to goals and work plans.
- Participates in community-wide teen program experiences.
- Creates, coordinates, and implements recruitment strategy & marketing materials.
- Develops and manages program budgets.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of Leadership team.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' working with teens and adolescents.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and sensitivity and comfort in engaging with people of all ages.
- Passionate about Judaism and Jewish communal life.
- Energized by kids and/or teens.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, and prioritize demands.
- Flexible, able to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills (including talent development).
- Plans and utilizes time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community members.
- A sense of humor and a passion for learning are essential.
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment to our values and commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to exert moderate physical efforts which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weights (up to 50lbs), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting and sitting.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level can be quiet to moderate.
- Flexibility to work various schedules as needed.
35,000 - 45,000
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family. Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.